Massage can be given safely to women from 13 weeks into their pregnancy; postnatal pregnancy is also very beneficial as the body readjusts after giving birth.
During the massage you will usually be asked to lie on your side on the massage couch where you will be made comfortable with cushions and/or bolsters for support. There is also the option to sit up with a raised back rest on a chair and lean against the couch if that is more comfortable.
I use a carefully selected blend of carrier oils to nourish the skin and reduce the likelihood of stretch marks. To this I blend pure essential oils specifically tailored to your individual needs whilst taking into account any medical condition you may have.
Reduced prices are available on the Ante-Natal & Post-Natal Massage Programme.
Massage in pregnancy will help to:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Reduce aches and pains, particularly in the back and legs
- Improve the quality of your sleep
- Reduce levels of the stress hormone noradrenaline.
- Reduce levels of cortisol, an indicator of stress
- Increase the levels of the “feel-good” hormones serotonin and dopamine
- Develop a calmer, more peaceful baby
Ante & Post Natal Massage Programme
A programme of six sessions designed specifically for women during and after pregnancy.
What does the programme include?
- Consultation and Treatment Plan
- Three, six or eight treatments.
- Nutritional and lifestyle advice: identifying what aspects of your lifestyle are increasing your symptoms and what you can do to take back control.
- Relaxation and stretching exercises – for you to do at home
- With six or eight treatments you’ll receive a bottle of Pampered in Pregnancy Aromatherapy Body Oil for you to use at home and continue the benefits of your treatment.
Each session lasts for one hour.
What Clients Say
If after your first session you do not feel the programme is for you, you can claim a full refund.
For more information on the Pregnancy Massage Programme, please use the contact form below