According to the CIPD’s 2016 Health & Wellbeing at Work report, the top three causes of long term sickness absence are:
1. Acute medical conditions (eg: stroke, heart attack and cancer)
2. Stress, anxiety and depression
3. Musculoskeletal injuries (eg neck and back pain, and repetitive strain injury)
What can be done?
The inclusion of therapeutic massage in your company’s health and well-being policy can reduce the impact of all of the above with the exception of acute medical conditions. Access to on-site massage is seen by staff as a positive step by their employer towards the development of a healthy workforce and is valued greatly as an employee benefit.
Benefits of massage for the employer
- Reduction in sickness absence and related costs
- Increase in productivity and performance
- Increase in staff morale
- Cost effective employee benefit
To see how we can tailor a programme for your organisation, within budget, please get in touch using the contact form below.