Before opening a risk assessment will be undertaken to see if there are any areas where improvements can be made.
- Business premises and treatment areas
- Hygiene protocols
- The consultation and treatment
- Business policies
- Insurance requirements
Business premises and treatment areas
All areas where a client passes through will continue to be cleaned daily. In addition the following measures will be taken between each client.
- Door Handles
- Light Switches
- Hand Rails
- Payment Terminal
In addition to the usual change of couch covers and towels between each client, further measures will be taken.
- Immediately on arrival you will be required to use hand sanitiser before proceeding to the therapy room.
- Clients may be asked to wear a face mask, (this will be based on government advice)
- As your therapist, I will wear a face mask and disposable apron.
The Consultation & Treatment
- Social distancing will be observed during the consultation where possible.
- A pre-treatment check will be made to check you have had no symptoms or been in contact with anyone who has, in the last 14 days.
- Face to face massage will not take place until both client and therapist are satisfied there is no risk.
- In place of chest and neck massage, the client can add hand, feet and leg massage to their treatment to receive a full one hour appointment.
- Reflexology can of course be taken in place of massage.
A new Covid-19 specific business policy will be created which will be available for clients to view. This will include:
- How I will monitor my health and that of clients
- Deferral of treatments
- The hygiene checklist
- Adapting treatments
- PPE advice
- Member specific advice
I hope this will help reassure you that I take this very seriously and will be doing everything possible to protect you and to make you feel confident when you return.
Finally, I would like to give a big thank you to my clients for their understanding and patience, which has made such a difference during this very challenging time for my business. If you have any questions at all about returning to treatment then please do get in touch.
Tel: 07792 109839/0114 2301255 | Contact Us