It sounds divine doesn’t it? A real treat. But actually, Indian Head Massage isn’t simply a ‘treat’ – the benefits are really rather important ones that can assist with a variety of physical and emotional problems and concerns. Here’s a few of them:
1. Helps prevent migraines, headaches and back painOften tension in the upper back, neck and head can lead to migraines, headaches and back pain which can make for uncomfortable living on a day to day basis and sometimes even lead to depression.
2. Promotes hair growthThis is a lovely side effect of the Indian Head Massage (if you’re trying to grow your hair anyway…). The massage increases nourishment and oxygen to the scalp and hair follicle which in turns stimulates hair growth. It’s a one way ticket to long, luscious locks!
3. Detoxifies the body by stimulating lymphatic drainageIndian Head Massage stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck thus helping to remove waste products from the body.
4. Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomniaThese are often side-effects of stress and Indian Head Massage will immediately relieve stress and promote relaxation by attacking the physical symptoms, thus allowing for a deeper sense of wellbeing and relaxation and opening your body to better rest.
5. Relieves symptoms of anxiety and depressionMassaging the head encourages the supply of oxygen to the brain which is one of the best ways of reducing anxiety and of lifting one’s mood. Oxygen helps you think clearly and creatively and a similar effect is experienced through exercise.
6. Renews energy levelsAn Indian Head Massage works with the Ayurvedic concept which goes beyond the limits of healing and places emphasis on balance. Working on the chakras through Indian Massage has a powerful effect in bringing the energy of the body back into balance.
7. Boosts memory capabilitiesOften we have short-term memory difficulties because our brains are overloaded with disorganised thoughts, making it very difficult for us to efficiently ‘log’ and collect thoughts and occurrences. Indian Head Massage slows us down, sensual awareness takes over, thoughts quieten and awareness is brought to the forefront. Think of it like someone pressing your ‘reset’ button.
Here at Mayfield Therapy we offer a 45 minute Indian Head Massage for just £39. For more information on Indian Head Massage click below or or call us on 0114 2301255/07792 109839